Precious Jewels Daycare

CURRICULUM

Curriculum Summary

Our daily curriculum provides the children the advantage to grow independently, through art experiences, language, gross motor, indoor and outdoor play, we encourage their imagination through dramatic play, and circle time gives the opportunity to emerge English and Spanish languages and cultures, at least 97% of our children comprehend both English and Spanish the other 3% are learning.


What really sets the school's curriculum apart?

What sets our school apart is the fact that parents feel free to enter our facility at any point and time of the day and talk about any issue they may have with their child or how they are excited about the growth. We help and assist parents in their child's growth, and help them with referrals if needed. We teach the children proper eating habits and let them participate in growing their own vegetables and some fruits. We are a close family oriented center with children and family.


Indoor Activities

The indoors is separated by age group, each classroom is equipped with the appropriate learning centers, full of books, arts and crafts for tactile and cognitive learning. The children are offered different experiences to learn language by reading stories or felt story telling, listening to stories through headphones and tapes with books for individual story time. All of the classrooms are age appropriate. The teachers provide different experience according to the themes of the month and week.


Outdoor Activities

Our children are provided fun outdoor time twice a day, in the morning and afternoon. They are encourage to have a social group activity before breaking off into individual play, so there is large group time indoors as well as outdoors. Games and motor activities are also encourage and include listening and following directions.


Parent Participation

We enjoy having family day where the parents can stop sometimes during the week and join their children in family fun at the center. We encourage activities for child and family, child and dad and child and mom. On holidays we provide family meals and get together for relaxing moments with parents and families. We help parents celebrate their child's birthday and parents enjoy participating in our game and contest days. Parents are also eager to talk and discuss after they have received their child's bi-annual assessments.


Daily Schedule

Daily schedules are posted per age group and developmental levels in each child's classroom. The children are transitioned throughout the day in a smooth fun activity or song. They are provided a two to two and a half hour rest period to ensure their productivity throughout their day. We provide activities on days when weather doesn't permit outdoor play to keep the children stimulated and happy until pick up time at the end of their day.  

Dual Immersion Program

Immersion programs use the young children’s capacity of absorbing a foreign language naturally, the same way they learned English. In a dual immersion program, children are exposed to Spanish in the morning and English in the afternoon. During each time they learn a second language by making it the only language they are exposed to, meaning there won’t be any form translation. The part of the brain that helps us learn languages naturally develops until adolescence, thus making it easier to learn a new language at a young age. With our native Spanish speaking teachers, the children will learn how to speak Spanish with a native accent.


FAQ

Q. Does a second language interfere with a child’s English ability?

A. In most cases, learning another language strengthens a child’s English capability. Comparing and using two language systems is helpful to children’s understanding and use of each.

According to research children that have learned a second language earn higher SAT scores.

Q. Will my child have a hard time when introduced to a school program taught in English?

A. No. Studies show that exposure to a second language at an early age, enhances the part of the brain that processes language. Therefore, children are able to understand the intricate nuances of language more quickly than non-bilingual students.